FYI: sadly this yarn is now discontinued and we cannot get anymore. So enjoy while it lasts!
The delicious color changes of Kureyon and Silk Garden, but in a softer, lighter weight fabric - and in 100 gram skeins! Taiyo means “thick sun” and soft next to the skin. A wonderful mix of cotton, silk, wool, and nylon, Tayio is comprised of two soft spun, thick-to-thin, multicolored strands. mostly cotton/silk blend and It’s great for a scarf (one skein project in knitting; 2 skein in crochet), hat, or other accessories as well as garments and sweet household items. The cotton brings out the colors and tends to be more vibrant than its Silk Garden and Kureyon counterparts. Check out on Ravelry here.
- Fiber content: 40% cotton, 30% silk, 15% wool, and 15% nylon; loosely plied of 2 soft spun multicolored strands
- Weight: Aran (8 wpi) or chunky weight
- Yardage: 220 yards(201 meters); 100 grams (3.53 ounces)
- Knitting Gauge: 18.0 sts = 4 inches on US 7 - 8 or 4.5 - 5mm, but could also be treated as a chunky with 3.5 sts on US 10
- Crochet Gauge: 9.5-12.5 = 4” in sc on US H hook (5mm)
- Care: Hand wash, dry flat, but will not felt
More yarns in the Noro Collection here.Find NORO books & magazines here.