Regular price $11.00
Noro Kureyon （くれよん）
くれよん(pronounced coo-ray-oh-n) is the Japanese pronunciation of the English “crayon;” thus, the literal name of the yarn is “crayon.”
Kureyon has two plies. It can be a little difficult to see, because the yarn has such a “rustic” loosely spun effect, but if you untwist it you will definitely get two plies in your hand. It’s how they get the striated effect that shows up in some dye lots (like, black and orange blurred together.) Characterized by long self-striping color runs. Kureyon was first crafted in 1988 and has been a beloved yarn of many colors ever since. Wonderful for felting projects. Check out on Ravelry here. See superbulky version (Kureyon Air) here.
- Fiber content: 100% wool; 2 z-twisted singles z-plied together
- Weight: Aran (8 wpi)
- Yardage: 109 yards (100 meters); 50 grams (1.76 ounces)
- Knitting Gauge: 14.0 to 16.0 sts = 4 inches on US 7 - 8 (4.5 - 5mm)
- Crochet Gauge: 9.5-12.5 sts = 4” in sc on US H - K (5-6.5 mm)
- Care: dry flat, hand wash
More yarns in the Noro Collection here.Find NORO books & magazines here.