Noro Silk Garden
Regular price $15.00
Birthed in 1991, Silk Garden still has quite a cult following with more than 50,000 projects on Ravelry. According to its creator, Eisaku Noro, "I imagined a yarn that bloomed out of a garden of silk and silk/mohair fabric." Like Kureyon, Silk Garden has long color runs and loose plying that allows for gorgeous blends of color. But with the added content of silk and mohair for a softer, more textured fabric. Check out on Ravelry here.
See also Silk Garden Solo (solidish version which blends nicely) and sportweight versions (Silk Garden Sock and Silk Garden Sock Solo).
- Fiber content: 45% Silk, 45% mohair, 10% Wool; lightly plied
- Weight: Aran (8 wpi)
- Yardage: 109 yards(100 meters); 50 grams (1.76 ounces)
- Knitting Gauge: 16.0 to 20.0 sts = 4 inches on US 7 - 8 (4.5 - 5mm)
- Crochet Gauge: 11-14 sc = 4 inches on H hook (5.0 mm)
- Care: hand wash, dry flat
More yarns in the Noro Collection here.Find NORO books & magazines here.